The City of Los Angeles welcomes you and your comments
The purpose of the City of Los Angeles social media is to present information from the City to its constituents and visitors.
Comments posted to any City social media account are public. The City therefore advises against posting sensitive personal identifying information, such as home addresses and personal email addresses, on a City social media account.
A comment posted by the public on any City social media account is the opinion of the commenter or poster only and does not imply endorsement of, or agreement by the City.
The overarching purpose of comment moderation is to create a place online where users can engage in a discussion of ideas, policies, and topics without significantly infringing on the ability of other users to do so. Comments or responsive content (like an image or video) that are in violation of the policies set forth by the platform they are posted on (e.g., a comment posted on Facebook that violates Facebook’s code of conduct for users) should be reported to the platform for review.
If comments or responsive content from users do not violate the platform’s policies for use they are potentially eligible for moderation by the City’s social media administrator.
Comments containing any of the following are subject to potential removal and/or restriction by the City:
- Off topic comments, including comments outside the jurisdiction of the City (or specific Department sites) or unrelated to the original post
- Obscene content
- Threats to any person or organization
- Solicitation of commerce, including but not limited to advertising of any business or product for sale
- Conduct in violation of any federal, state, or local law
- Encouragement of illegal activity
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems, or
- Content that violates the privacy or security of an individual or a legal ownership interest, such as a copyright, of any party.
For public records and other requests for information, please contact the City Clerk.
To view the City’s Social Media Policy, visit the IT Policies site.